Collaborative Physician – Orlando, FLOrlando, Florida
We are committed to establishing ourselves as a part of the medical community in each of the markets where we operate. A critical component to ensuring our objective of delivering high quality, affordable and accessible healthcare in a retail setting is to make sure that each of our Walgreens Healthcare Clinic Nurse Practitioners (HCCNP) have a collaborative physician (CP) with whom he or she can seek consultation and engage in a professional dialogue about patient care activities. Requirements for physician collaboration vary from state to state.
Position Essential Functions:
- Collaborative physicians will conduct quality reviews of the HCCNP’s patient charts on a periodic basis – typically every two weeks. These audits are established via an on-line review of the patient’s chart using Walgreens Healthcare Clinic’s proprietary electronic medical record system; each chart review takes approximately 3 minutes to complete. Walgreens Healthcare Clinic has established a minimum chart review sample of 10%, which will be randomly selected and an email notification will be sent to the CP.
- CPs are available via phone/pager during our hours of operation (Monday through Friday 12 hours/day; Saturday and Sunday 8-10 hours per day) to consult with HCCNPs on patient care activities.
- CPs may be required to conduct a monthly site visit to meet with their respective HCCNPs (this is applicable to CPs in Illinois, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Tennessee).
- CPs agree to make their practice open to patients who do not have a primary care physician but who have been seen by a HCCNP and who based upon the HCCNP’s clinical judgment need immediate (within 24-48 hours) physician care.
- CPs agree to provide supplemental clinical experience or remedial training to any HCCNP who needs it. Walgreens Healthcare Clinic will pay CP a fee of Two-Hundred ($200.00) per eight-hour day per HCCNP for experience or training.
- The average time requirement is approximately 4 and 6 hours per month* (*Texas requires CPs to be onsite at the Walgreens Healthcare Clinic 10% of the time and therefore the time commitment in these markets is an estimated 32 hrs/month.)
- Actively practicing physician
- Current board certification in either family practice or emergency medicine
- Valid state medical, federal DEA, and Controlled and Dangerous Substances (CDS) licenses without sanctions
- Admitting privileges at area hospital
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of the job, the colleague will be required to meet the demands of the following requirements: sit, stand, talk, hear and function from a home office.
Pharmacy, In-Store, Corporate & DistributionLearn more