We understand Nurse Practitioners are a special breed. You provide answers that alleviate worry and put minds at ease. That's why we promise to work as selflessly on your behalf as you do on your patients'. Our Nurse Practitioners are at the very center of our model of patient care and our most precious asset. That's why you are represented at all levels of management— providing feedback that is constantly innovating not only the direction of our company but the perspective of an industry. Together, we can redefine the future of healthcare. If you share our passion for care as a calling, we have a home for you on a team of like-minded medical professionals at the leading edge of a revolution in healthcare. We are hiring Family Nurse Practitioners for our over 150 convenient Walgreens Healthcare Clinic locations nationwide. Our company combines best practices in healthcare and the expertise and personal care of our trusted community of providers to deliver access to high-quality, affordable and convenient healthcare to all individuals.
- Level: Mid-Level
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Rating: 70% overall rating
Our employees know what it takes to stay ahead of current trends and help patients be well every day. The following attributes are critical to your success in this role. Additional, related traits are also listed below.
- Adaptable 10
- Detail Oriented 10
- Independent 10
- Flexible 10
- Trustworthy 9
- Focused 9
- Open Minded
“Walgreens Healthcare Clinic has been a great company to work for, and I have been here for 9 years. I joined Walgreens as a part-time FNP, a year later I was a full time Cover Provider and now I am a Clinic Manager overseeing 2 clinics. At Walgreens Healthcare Clinic you get the opportunity to utilize best practices within the retail clinic setting and see a diverse patient base with a wide range of illnesses.”— Harry C., Clinical Manager
Why Healthcare Clinic?
Our Nurse Practitioners are at the very center of our model of patient care.Learn more
Students & Military
Going from campus or the military to a career at Walgreens Healthcare Clinic means making an impact from day one.Learn more
Dental and Vision
Paid Holiday Time
Recertification and License Renewal
The Nurse Practitioners believe in excellence and are passionate about providing outstanding patient care and promoting wellness services as the premier provider of quality, accessible, and convenient care. The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for providing patient care consistent with Healthcare Clinic at select Walgreen’s scope of services for patients 18 months or older. Our professional clinics are located within a community retail store and staffed 363 days a year. Nurse Practitioners are flexible in staffing the clinics and float the market as well as adjust schedules to meet market and patient needs. Nurse Practitioners are the heart and soul of our nurse practitioner-based health care model committed to providing and promoting patient-centered communication and care. The Nurse Practitioner will have a rotating work schedule to meet the staffing needs of the individual clinics. Clinics are open 7 days a week, 363 days a year and staffed each day by our Providers.
- Provides episodic and chronic care, screening, and education to our Healthcare Clinic patients.
- Participates in a collegial fashion with all wellness services colleagues.
- Supports and follows the most current evidence-based guidelines of practice in providing quality patient care.
- Provides diagnostic screenings and common vaccinations.
- Participates in ongoing Quality Assurance audits to include Peer Review, CP Review, Medication Administration review, and continuing education.
- Achieves company objectives related to healthcare quality, patient engagement, and finances.
- Advocates clinic services to patients, store customers, and the local community by consistently executing promotional program elements including signage, promotional codes/offers, and conducting local outreach.
- Participates in ongoing professional education. Maintains current state licensure and national certification. Participates in national, state, and local Nurse Practitioner organizations.
- Communicates continuously with Healthcare Clinics’ leadership to enhance our patient- centric experiences.
- Meets and maintains all legal requirements per state and national statutes to practice within state (for your market) as a family nurse practitioner.
- Valid Advanced Practice State License issued by the State Board of Nursing.
- Valid accreditation from the AANP or ANCC as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) .
- Valid Prescriptive Authority (per state practice requirements).
- At least (6) months of family nurse practitioner clinical experience. Experience with pediatric patients (18 months and older).
- CPR Certification.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships within a team.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge and experience with using the wellness electronic medical record and information systems.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Basic business skills that will foster an exceptional patient experience from check-in through check-out (including: cash collection, insurance information gathering) through our EMR.
- Knowledge and experience using electronic medical records and information systems to provide superior patient care documentation.
- Work Environment:
- Other requirements are:
- Work up to a 12 hour shift
- Sit up to 6-8 hours/day
- Stand up to 4-6 hours/day
- Bend to reach supplies/materials occasionally
- Reach with hands and arms in excess of 20 inches frequently throughout the day
- Reach to elevated supplies/materials, occasionally to heights of 72-75 inches, and regularly to heights of 55-65 inches
- Use a step-stool, as necessary, to reach elevated materials
- Lift materials up to 10 pounds frequently, up to 20 pounds occasionally
- Grasp patient diagnosis tools
- Key information into a computer workstation
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Recently viewed jobs
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs